Thursday 22 May 2014

TBT Guitars I Have Carried: Pete Seeger

It is my ritual of honoring artists by carrying their guitar after the show.

I got to carry Pete Seeger’s guitar after a show I did with him in New York. After the gig, I walked him to his car with his wife, and carried his guitar. He told me that had not heard my sound since the New Port Folk Festival. He was on a little hill between the two stages. Bob Dylan was on one stage. A Native singer on the other. It was a very high compliment. He liked my version of Woody’s song This Land very much.

check out Keith's upcoming Ultimate Underground Album at http://igg.me/at/keithsecolasalbum


Keith and the Wild Band of Indians singing This Land






Peter Seeger singing This Land





Woody Guthrie singing This Land




No comments:

Post a Comment